DetailsThese 80% AR-15 Lower receivers start as 7075-T6 forgings from the lead forge in the US and are fully machined to mil-spec tolerances. The operations left to be completed are as follows/ fire control group, trigger pin, hammer pin, trigger slot and the safety selector hole. These are our Gen2 80s and have the rear lug area cut out. This is a not an FFL item. This is not a complete receiver and still requires machining to be done. We have a copy of our ATF determination letter and our determination update stating that it is not a firearm.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Tactical Machining Color Unfinished SKU 10004 Weight 1.0000 Free Shipping No
Customer Reviews 25 item(s)
- Fantastic lowers
- I bought three months ago and just came out beautiful. TM IMHO make the best 80% lowers
- Great product
- ordered Oct 7 received Oct 10. I milled one out using another manufactures jig and it works and fits perfect. At the current 3 pack sale price, buy all you can afford.
- Great product at an even greater price!
- For the money you cant beat them! I bought a 3 pack for 101 with shipping. Although they are not anodized you can coat them however you like at a later date. If you are in the market for a foraged lower cant be beat! I am very happy with the product and will buy more form them again.
- Awesome 80% Lowers!
- Excellent product for the price. I ordered 3 of these on Thursday and got them on Wednesday. Outstanding quality and craftsmanship! Will definitely order more when I get these finished and functional.
- By FAR the nicest "80%" AR receivers I've seen!
- Over the last several years, I have bought a sample of "80%" AR receivers from different manufacturers. Last year, a friend recommended "Tactical Machine", so I ordered 3. Upon examination, these are BY FAR the nicest ones- and at great prices! "Just in case", I purchased a number of them for my group of Family and close friends. Now- I'm waiting for TM to get caught-up in production. I won't buy any other brand, from now on. So- WHERE where you guys when I started building AR's 35 years ago? :)
- Best you can buy.
- I have used several 80% receivers and these are by far the best on the market. I know I have finished at least 10 of these for my different rifles and have yet to have a problem with any of them. The shipping time is very good as well. Do not hesitate to buy.
- It's ok the rear pocket was machined out a little wide and too deep. Upper fit is sloppy. Will work but have gotten better.
- It's OK
- It's ok, this is the first 80% I've gotten since the change a few years ago when you had more of the harder steps to finish an 80% lower.
- Great Quality
- I have milled and built several of my own AR's this past two years. These lowers are by far the best I have purchased. The fit and finish are amazing. On top of that the pricing to add an upper is just a steal. You can't beat the quality or the price. If I could add a photo of the finished rifle I would. Thanks again, God bless America and our constitutional rights...
Recently received my upper lower combo and could not be happier. The Machining was on par as well as above A name brand I own. Hope the deal is around when i can pick up another one.
Thanks TM,your effort is very apparent in the quality products I received . Definitely on the TM band wagon.
- Excellent product
- This one is spot on in every dimension. Every part fits perfectly. I have finished one and am starting another. Be sure you read details about what parts need to be completed on other 80% lowers. Some have more machining to do. TM lowers are easier than others and made from the best forgings. No die cast "equivalent" Nearly anyone can make it right. Very easy with the jig. Absolutely will purchase again.
- Very best available
- I have bought many of these receivers and they are the finest 80% parts you can get! I mill the fire control cavity with a Harbour Freight drill press and cross slide vice. The fixtures are nessessary no matter what milling set up you use, but then they are just a one time investment. If you plan to have it engraved, do what I do, send it out for engraving first then do the mill work, that way you can send it back and forth in the mail. A guy at work milled one of these receivers with a Dremel tool and the darn thing looks as if it had been in a CNC machines. You can put your own serial number on it if you like but it is not required by the ATF.
- Excellent Product
- I bought 4 of these 80% lowers around Christmas 2013, they had a great sale. I machined 2 by the end of January and they not only turned out great but it was a blast doing it. I decided to give a couple other suppliers a shot, just to compare products. I found none that compared to these lowers. They didn't cut as well, they we not shaped as well, and the didn't annodize as well. I finished them and put them in a box, then went back to my remaining TM lowers. I turned out 2 great rifles and 2 really cool sbrs on TM lowers. Thanks for the great product and deal guys...mark
- No need to doubt it
No need to have any doubt regarding this receiver forging, it is as good as anyone can possibly ask for and is perfectly machined.
There are surely others that are its equal but I have no doubt about this one being perfect in quality and machining so why bother looking at others that are unknowns. It is priced very reasonably.
Buy a couple now for future use if needed even if you have no intention of finishing the machining on them now, times change and they may become unavailable someday.
- This company is awesome!
- I received two of these and a jig set a couple of months ago and after machining they worked well. Got some great information from Nathan and some tips on how and where to start. The service from Jamee in the office was terrific. After anodizing, the pins needed a little massaging and I now have two custom rifles. My next build will be a pistol. I really need to find somebody with a CNC machine! Looking forward to doing business with this company again. It was worth the wait!
- Quality products!
Having assembled several AR15's and a couple of DPMS LR308's on 100% receivers I really wanted to try my hand at a couple of these. Bought the jig and 2 80% lowers and went to work. They went so well I just ordered 4 more of the anodized lowers and 1 single shot lower to go under my Ferret50 .50BMG and look forward to getting them finished. Turns out these are quite reasonable to complete and are quite satisfying when you take them out and fire them and they run perfectly.
The machine work that is already done by TM is top notch and fits perfectly, the mags fit in the mag well and the upper to the lower as nice as any 100% brand name lower I have ever used, the machine work left unfinshed is reasonbly simple to complete with the TM Jig,
Overall if your slightly mechanicly inclined these are a fun and satisfying project to complete, All I gotta do now is figure out what other caliiber AR uppers I want to assemble on my new lowers! :)
Im looking forward to completeing these and trying my hand at one of the 100 receivers next, that should be interesting as well
Top quality product, I'll definetely be buying more of these as I need them.
- First lower from Tactical Machining
- I ordered this lower and received it in less than a week, I am very impressed with the quality of work put into these 80% lowers. I run a machine and fabrication shop which makes finishing this receiver even easier. I love what you guys offer and can't wait to start on a AR-10 build. This is by far the best 80% lower on the market, hands down.
- my first experience with an 80% lower
- We purchased two lowers and the jig at a gun show in So. Cal last Dec 2011. I didn't purchase them from TM but was given the option to sell-back the jig when I was doen for approx. 85% of what I paid for it. My best experience during this whole process was my communication with Nathan at Tactical Machine. Every silly question I had or any clarification question was answered not only quickly but, very professionally. I have every intention of continuing my business relationship with Nathan and TM. I would recommend anyone even remotely interested in building their own rifle to contact TM.
- I have finished 5 of these and all are perfect! These are the best receivers available and for just $80.00 they are a real bargain compared to the place in Texas who want $149.95 for theirs which need more work.
- Great Receiver
- This 80% receiver is extremely well made. Machining is flawless. Shipping was fast! Only wish the anodized wasn't out of stock.
- Ok, I thought the parts were going to be a little out of spec and require tons of fitting. Instead everything fit nicely together with the jig and I completed it much more quickly and easily than I thought. Im def. ordering from here in the future.
- Great Lower!
I built one of these lowers earlier this year and, man, am I pleased. I had never done any machining but had no problems using a jig and a drillpress (other than the fact that it took a good bit of muscle on the drillpress).
Everything lined up perfectly and have cycled a few hundred rounds, now, with no issues.
- Great Value
I have built lowers from two other companies, the lowers and gages from Tactical Machining are TOP NOTCH!!
As long as you guys keep making them, I will keep buying them!!
- Excellent product! Great 80% product
- Shipping was very fast. No issues at all with the product. Very clean machining, all items within spec and easy to work with. Will not hesitate to order more!
- My first and not my last.
Great to build a pistol, custom engrave, anodize and call your own. The part that I received was well within spec, good finish and no ugly machine marks. Threads were burr free, take down pin holes on the large side but no problem functioning.
Well worth it in my book.