Which lower parts kit do you suggest for the TM-308 AR10 Lower from TM?

Discuss assembling your own rifle or building it from scratch with our 80% Lower Receivers.
jedi_dad
Anti-spam measures: Yes

Which lower parts kit do you suggest for the TM-308 AR10 Lower from TM?

Post by jedi_dad » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi all. I bought a CMMG lower parts kit, and in step 1, the bolt catch pin does not fit properly. It appears that the TM lower has a threaded slot for this pin, and with that assumption you should not use a roll pin here. However, the CMMG lower parts kit only gives you a threaded pin, and it is too large (width) to fit in the TM lower. Any suggestions? New parts kit? Can I just buy the proper threaded pin somewhere?

I'd prefer to not put in a roll pin, as I would never be able to get it out again because you can only access it from one side. I also do not think I can return the parts kit because it was bought so long ago, and I am just getting to the build now. If I have to eat the kit and buy a new one, I will, but I am hoping that one little 20 cent pin wouldn't stop me!

Here is the parts kit, 308 version.
https://www.cmmginc.com/product/lower-p ... -selector/
The video to install it is on that page as well, and I am on step one - the yellow parts bag. Which is funny, because in the video there is a roll pin, and in the bag is a threaded pin.

Maybe I am just going crazy.

Thanks all!
John

Buckshot00
Anti-spam measures: Yes

Re: Which lower parts kit do you suggest for the TM-308 AR10 Lower from TM?

Post by Buckshot00 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:53 am

Having same problem, DPMS kit wouldn't work. Did you find solution? This is killing me.